Combining solid expertise in economics of space with best practice industry knowledge, the LE Europe team provides independent analysis and innovative decision-making tools to guide decision-makers.
Our consultants are highly-qualified economists with extensive experience in applying a wide variety of analytical techniques to the space industry, including:
- Insightful and accurate market analysis and demand forecasting using scenarios;
- Estimation of public utility benefits;
- Analysis of space industry structures, strategy and competitive forces;
- New technology adoption modelling;
- Opportunity prioritisation and targeting to maximise exploitation of investment;
- Economic and financial modelling, among which: Cost-Benefit Analysis (CBA), impact assessment, and policy evaluation.
Our clients include the:
- European GNSS Agency (GSA)
- Norwegian Ministry of Trade and Industry
- XPRIZE Foundation
Recent projects include:
- Global, multi-region market demand forecasting (to 2030) and public benefits estimation for Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) applications, such as GPS, focusing on EGNOS and GALILEO, across nine sectors (road, location-based services or LBS, high precision surveying, aviation, maritime, agriculture, rail, professional mobile radio or PMR, and defence) for the GSA.
- An assessment of the share of the market for Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) applications held by European firms across nine different sectors (road, location-based services or LBS, high precision surveying, aviation, maritime, agriculture, rail, defence and public utilities, and timing/synchronisation) and all stages of the value chain, from chipsets to software and added-value services also for the GSA.
- Market Study of established, emergent, and future global commercial opportunities available to participants in the XPRIZE foundation’s Google Lunar XPRIZE. The project used the most up-to-date, publicly available data to identify, define and independently quantify commercial opportunities arising from established space agencies, emergent space agencies, the commercial space sector, and outside the space sector.
- Ex post impact assessment of R&D in the Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) area under the Seventh Framework Programme for R&D for the GSA, focussing on the scientific/technological, economic, social, and environmental impacts achieved by GNSS research projects. The project identified lessons learned with regards to management and contribution towards policy objectives, made recommendations for future framework programmes, including Horizon 2020, and prepared a guide for SMEs seeking R&D funding in GNSS.