Combining a solid understanding of the economics of space, expertise in economic analysis and best practice industry knowledge, our Aerospace team provides independent analysis and innovative decision-making tools to guide decision-makers in this most challenging of operating environments. Our consultants are highly-qualified economists with extensive experience in applying a wide variety of analytical techniques to the space industry, including:
- Insightful and accurate market analysis and demand forecasting;
- Analysis of space industry structures, strategy and competitive forces;
- New technology adoption modelling;
- Estimation of public utility benefits;
- Opportunity prioritisation and targeting to maximise exploitation of investment;
- Sophisticated statistical analysis (econometrics, regression);
- Economic and financial modelling, among which: Cost-Benefit Analysis (CBA), cost effectiveness analysis, Value for Money (VfM), impact assessment, policy evaluation, business case development, cash flow and sustainability modelling.
Our clients include the:
- European Commission (DG-ENTR)
- European GNSS Agency (GSA)
- National space agencies (e.g. UK, Norway)
- Gatwick Airport
- Private operators (e.g. Reaction Engines Ltd.).
Recent projects include:
- Global, multi-region, market demand forecasting (to 2030) and public utility benefits economic estimation model for Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) applications, such as GPS, focusing on EGNOS and GALILEO, across seven sectors (road, location-based services or LBS, high precision surveying, aviation, maritime, agriculture and defence) for the GSA.
- Advice to the UK Space Agency on the benefits to the UK economy from future investment in space exploration technology, including a UK spaceport, small launcher rockets and other launcher technologies.
- A socio-economic impact assessment of Norway’s space programs (European Space Agency funding, Norwegian Space Centre support funds, Radarsat) for the Norwegian Ministry of Trade and Industry.
- Competition analysis and advice
- Independent economic assessment of future benefits to the UK of investment in the SKYLON reusable spaceplane launcher for Reaction Engines Ltd. (recently reviewed favourably by the European Space Agency, ESA)